Steven LopezBusiness Development Specialist, The Center-West
As a Business Development Specialist for the Michigan Manufacturing Technology Center – West (The Center-West), Steven covers Barry County and parts of Kent County. Steven assists manufacturers with lean process improvement evaluations/implementations as well as a variety of leadership development programs, particularly for line supervisors. Steven is West Michigan’s lead industry 4.0 assessor where he identifies technologies that help improve operational performance.
Prior to joining The Center-West/The Right Place team, Steven gained over 10 years of manufacturing leadership experience in the Chicago area. He has held various titles throughout his career, including Quality Assurance Analyst, Production Supervisor, Production Manager and Plant Manager. Primarily working in small to mid-size manufacturing settings, Steven also has experience with key operational functions, such as planning, scheduling, and lean and six sigma project management.
- Bachelor of Business Management | University of Phoenix
- Data Analytics | Thinkful Bootcamp
- Project Management – Lean Process Certified | Management and Strategy Institute
- Six Sigma Lean Black Belt Professional | Management and Strategy Institute
- Participated in a transition team that moved CookTek from Chicago, IL to Carrollton Tx. Managed a team of trainers to teach the ins and outs of CookTek production.
- Ran Lean and Six Sigma projects at Howe Corporation that transitioned production in the weld shop, the machine shop, and in the production room from a workshop environment into a high-volume process-controlled production environment.
- Developed an in-depth analysis using SQL, Excel, and Tableau to extract cost and revenue insights for a national car rental company. Conducted an analysis to understand the business value from data to develop recommendations for optimizing client revenue.